Cooking Healthier for Weight Loss: Onion Cheeseburger on a Bagel (Under 400 calories)!!!
ONION CHEESEBURGER ON A BAGEL!
Per Serving: Sandwhich
350 calories, 8g fat, 24g carbs, 10g sugar, 35g Protein*
Serving Size: 1
(you may multiply the ingredients for larger portions)
1 whole Bagel thins
1 tsp Mrs. Dash (extra spicy)
1 packet of Splenda
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Goya Adobo (or your preferred spices)
Tomatoes (and other preferred toppings)
Jalapeno Peppers (also use banana and pickles too)
Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (imitation at Aldi)
4 oz of lean ground beef (94% Lean, 4% Fat)
(Optional) ½ tbsp of Egg Substitutes
(Optional) ½ tbsp of Jiffy Cornmeal
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
If you prefer your burger extra tender, turn down the oven temperature and add additional minutes (10-15 mins/50° degrees).
1. Preheat your oven to 400° degrees
2. Chop up your onions and veggie toppings
3. Add beef to mixing bowl, season to your liking, and mix well
4. Add desired amount of onions to your beef mixture
5. (Optional) Add ½ tbsp of egg substitutes and ½ tbsp of corn meal to your beef mixture
6. Combine beef mixture into a patty
7. Place patty into a coated pan
8. Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes
9. Add your preferred topics to your bagel thin along with your cooked patty
*The nutritional value above is based on the way I made the recipe in the video. If you add or substitute something it WILL be more/less calories, fat, etc.